A couple days ago Google made an announcement of their latest product, Google Duplex. It’s an AI assistant that calls local businesses and makes appointments and reservations for people.
I recorded my reaction and thoughts to this announcement and the product.
Some key talking points:air
2:55 – Phone calls help people get things done
3:14 – 60% of small businesses don’t have online booking system
3:18 – Businesses rely on phone calls
- The hotel industry still receives more than a quarter of their reservations from over the phone.
- And when compared to web leads, calls convert 10 to 15 times more often.
- By not tracking calls, you could be missing as much as 80% of your conversions.
- Calls to businesses from smartphones will reach 162 billion by 2019.
- As many as 85% of people who don’t receive an answer during their first call won’t call back.